A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, October 20, 2005

I am livid.

Via Kathryn Lopez at the Corner, who wrote:

PATTY MURRAY IS THREATENING PEOPLE over the Coburn cuts. If I were from Washington State I'd be livid.
Unfortunately, I am from Washington.

If you follow the link, you end up at this Power Line post:

Mrs. R. reports that Patty Murray is now speaking against the Coburn Amendment, and has just issued a threat against any Senators who vote for the amendment: we on the Appropriations Committee will take a "long, hard look" at any projects in your state. Can anyone say, "culture of corruption"?
You can visit the "mother in tennis shos" here and tell her what you think of her threats here.

She's a complete idiot. Who does she think she is? Patty Murray does next to nothing for the state of Washington (at least the parts that do not comprise King County). We need to kick her out.