A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, August 20, 2005

What's She Watching???

For some reason I decided to look at Arianna Huffington's stupid Huffington Post. Reading one of her "entries" makes me wonder what the heck she's been watching. Apparently I've been reading and watching much different news than she has. In fact, I think she must be on a different planet.

Arianna wants to know "Why Are the Media Having Such a Hard Time Covering Cindy Sheehan?"

I wasn't aware the media were having such a difficult time. You mean having access to her, you ask? No, Arianna means the media are being mean to Cindy Sheehan!

So why are the mainstream media having such a hard time covering Cindy Sheehan?

It's as if the simple, direct, and starkly emotional nature of her stance is too raw for them to handle in any of the standard ways. So they've taken to treating her with a strange mix of detachment, condescension, distortion, and aggression.

Paula Zahn referred to her as "this woman." Edmund Morris alluded to her in the New York Times as an "emotional predator." And Dana Milbank wanted to "determine, once and for all, whether Cindy Sheehan is Rosa Parks or Lyndon Larouche."

It's one thing for the O'Reillys and the Limbaughs to spew anti-Cindy venom. The problem arises when, under the pretense of offering both sides, MSM figures regurgitate the GOP attack machine's most contemptible hits ("she's a puppet," "she's anti-Israel," "her own family is against her") as if there are always two legitimate sides to every story. I wonder if the civil rights protests were happening today, who at the cable shows would feel compelled to give equal time to the John Birch Society?
What news is she reading/watching??? Since when did the MSM simply regurgitate the GOP's stance on anything? And "as if there were always two legitimate sides to every story"??? The Liberal MSM always seems to think so, except when the Republicans actually have a valid case. Then there's only one true side.

And then Arianna, who ought to get the hell out of my country, attacks the "right-wing blogs."

So Cindy might have used the "f-word" when talking about the administration that sent her son to die in Iraq. Big f-----g (but she spelled it out) deal. Is it really worthy of a banner headline on Drudge or cackley chatter on right wing blogs?
Cackle, cackle, cackle, Arianna. You guys will not win this war. We have freedom on our side. Go back to Greece.