A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, May 30, 2005

First Post---Memorial Day!

This is my first post, as the title says! I'm very excited to have a blog, though I don't know if anyone will actually read it!

As today is Memorial Day, we must take the time to remember all the brave men and women who have given their lives so that we might be free. Right now, over in Afghanistan and Iraq, and all around the world, our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines are preserving our freedom.

To show your appreciation, please visit http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/ You can leave a message or click on "How Can You Help" to go to a large number of other sites to leave messages, donate money, and see tributes!

God bless our military and all who have gone before!

In Flanders Fields
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
By John McCrae